Silk Hospitality is seeking a strong individual to manage one of the most important departments within a hotel - the Housekeeping Department. The role is suited to an experienced executive leader with excellent customer service skills and a passion for working with people.
As a leading national housekeeping provider, Silk Hospitality is looking to offer this brilliant opportunity to an experienced Senior Executive.
In this role you will be responsible for the professional and cost effective running of the Housekeeping department achieving high standards of cleanliness of guest rooms, public areas and back of house. You will need to form strong relationships with all Department Managers and work with them to provide a high level product, with the highest priority on Guest Service.
Qualities and Experience
- 5 years of proven experience is essential, preferably 4/5 star hotel
- Committed to delivering excellent service & standards
- Immaculate presentation and advanced communication skills
- 'Can do' attitude
- Strong attention to detail
- Passionate in providing friendly personalised customer service
- A desire to learn and progress within the team
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Enthusiasm, energy, initiative and commitment to customer service
- Availability to work flexibly to suit the hours and needs of the business
Position Responsibilities Snapshot
- Responsible for achieving and exceeding guest service standards.
- Oversee the cleaning of guestrooms and public areas ensuring through inspection that standards of cleanliness and guest comfort are maintained in accordance with Hotel and Brand standards
- Establish and maintain cost control systems for staff, linen inventories, cleaning and guest supplies.
- Ensure that room cleaning productivity is monitored closely and maintained
- Work closely with the Hotel's laundry provider to ensure a high standard of laundering is maintained & costs are controlled
- Liaise with Front Desk and Maintenance in regard to readiness of rooms with particular attention to guest's special requirements
- Effectively manage projects and negotiate with contractors and suppliers to ensure the Hotel's needs are met
- Responsible for recruitment, disciplinary procedures, performance evaluations, training and development of all housekeeping staff & development of the Housekeeping leadership team.
- Attend to guest requests for relevant amenities / items where required.
- Maintain the security and privacy of guests, demonstrating your integrity and diligence at all times.
- Maintaining cleanliness of work areas and reporting of any hazards, faulty or damaged equipment to senior staff.
- Willingness to be available for additional or varying duties as required by management.
- Full working privileges for Australia (Australian Permanent Residency or Citizenship)
Most importantly - we hire for attitude
This is a great opportunity to work for a distinguished brand and to take your career to the next level.
So if you're looking to work within an engaged and dedicated team then express your interest now!
Applications to be made directly onto our job board; www.silkhospitality.com.au/jobs